Saturday, November 1, 2014

Big Hero Six Prediction

Spoilers?: None. The movie isn't out yet. This is all theory based on the first and second trailer. But it includes information from my rant "Frozen Hans" so you'll need to finish watching the movie Frozen by indirect spoilers.

Rant warning: this is a rant. Read accordingly. So don't accuse me of hating everything and being overly analytical.

I only saw the second trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IdMPpKMdcc. I haven't seen commercials or anything else about it.

Why does it start with death? (Tadashi is dead as per "isn't gone as long as we remember him" which is a common thing to say when dealing with death.) You just did that in Up then Frozen we don't need it again (especially not twice in a row). He doesn't even need to die. The conversation could go like this. Them: "oh no a super villain! We need you to build a battle robot" Tadashi: "well Baymax took years so I'll need at least a few months" Them: "we don't have that much time". And done now he can't make the plot trivial and you still have to weaponize Baymax.

Seriously a kabuki mask? You might as well be wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm not someone you know". Why else would he be hiding his face? Villains love to brag but the movie hides his face from us? This obviously means something, I can smell a twist. And here it is: he's Tadashi. They have about the same body and who else could it be? Obvious plot twist which is the exact same twist done in Frozen (good guy turns out to be bad). Seriously? A second thing copied from Frozen. Look I know Frozen was a great movie but get over it Disney and be creative. Anyway if he wasn't someone we/ the characters would know then it doesn't make sense to hide his face. At the end of the movie they'd be like "now let's take off this mask and see who it is... IT'S! Some guy we don't know?... Ok whatever." that would be a waste and be weird, Disney wouldn't do that.

Motivation you say? Here it is. Tadashi: "great inventions come from time of need. I build Baymax to make sure you wouldn't die. I just wanted you [his brother] to do great things." done. The entire plot writes itself from here.

Ok I just saw the first trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3biFxZIJOQ). Kabuki mask uses microbots. Strong evidence that it is Tadashi. Also notice how in a scene microbots are about to attack (the one where Baymax says "I am not fast") but then basically waits for them to escape. The microbots are just sitting there being a wall for a few seconds while you guys get a head start. Yeah right.

So what do you want from us Disney? We can't trust white washed tombs and now we can't trust dead people? What's next: we can't trust anyone who isn't Disney? This is a preemptive rant and I hope I don't need a follow up rant after I've seen the movie (but we'll see about that).

Don't get me wrong. I want to see the movie and it looks good. I hope I'm wrong and they they actually put effort into the plot. But this is Disney we're talking about after all. They copied plots from lots of things early on but recently got creative, it's hard to say if they were lazy with the main motivation or not.

Also I just noticed this: the girl that says "a lunatic in a mask just tried to kill us" looks angry. But she doesn't sound very angry and why is she stating the obvious? Well for the trailer but besides that I suspect that she's in on Tadashi's plot as a "man on the inside" to make sure his brother is inventing stuff as planned and making sure the heroes don't get stuck or hopeless etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment